Ireland Location Map - File Information
|Map Name||Ireland Location Map|
|WEBP Size||1.08 MB|
|PDF Size||4.59 MB|
|JPG Size||2.11 MB|
|PNG Size||6.03 MB|
|No. of Pages in PDF||1|
|Image Height||3840 Pixels|
|Image Width||2978 Pixels|
Ireland Location Map - PreviewPreview in Large Size
Ireland Location Map - Summary
You can download Ireland Island Country Map in PDF, PNG, JPEG, WebP, and more formats using the links below. Ireland is an island country in the North Atlantic Ocean in northwestern Europe.
Its land border is with Northern Ireland, which is part of the United Kingdom. It is the second largest of the British Isles after Great Britain.
Ireland has a rich and complex history that stretches back thousands of years.
Some of the main events and periods of Irish history are:
- The first humans arrived around 6000 BC.
- The migration of the Celts from continental Europe around 600 BC brought their language, culture, and arts to Ireland.
- The spread of Christianity from the 5th century AD led to the establishment of monasteries, churches, and schools.
- Viking invasions from the 9th century AD, raided, traded, and settled in Ireland, especially along the coasts and rivers.
- The 12th century AD saw the arrival of the Normans from England, who conquered most of Ireland and introduced feudalism, castles, and towns.
- The struggle for independence from England and later Britain involved a number of rebellions, wars, and treaties from the 16th to the 20th century.
- The partition of Ireland in 1921 created two distinct states: the Irish Free State (later the Republic of Ireland) and Northern Ireland (part of the United Kingdom).
- Problems in Northern Ireland from the late 1960s to the early 1990s included sectarian violence, terrorism, and political conflict between unionists and nationalists.
- The peace process in Northern Ireland since the 1990s resulted in the 1998 Good Friday Agreement and the transfer of power to the local assembly.
Ireland Location Map - Download Links
- WEBP 1.08MB
- PDF 4.59MB
- JPG 2.11MB
- PNG 6.03MB